Chip Seal Services Ohio – Hot Tar Chip Sealing
Chip Seal is the best way to get smooth and durable roads, contact Alum Creek Paving for specialized Chip Seal services in Ohio.
What is Chip Seal?
Chip Seal which is also known as chip sealing is economical surface treatment designed to protect and prolong the life of roads, driveways and parking lots. To best describe this, Chip Seal is a combination of hot liquid asphalt cement, liquid A/C (or hot tar if you prefer) as a binder and gravel as the main structural component. Finally a roller is used to imbed the stone into the tar.
Chip Seal is nothing new, its has been used for over 100 years, all over the world, with great success, to pave and resurface roads, parking lots, residential driveways, etc. Chip seal has long been used by municipalities, counties and local governments for its long-lasting, durable and cost effective properties. Click Here to read information on Chip Seal from the Ohio Department of Transportation. Chip seal is also effective on large parking surfaces, heavy load areas, and ideal for the long driveway.
Why Chip Seal?
Chip Seal is the best way to get smooth and durable roads. Much like paint, asphalt is subject to oxidation, sunlight, rain and freeze & thaw cycles. Pavement is also subjected to a wide array of different traffic loads and patters from day to day driving to snow and ice removal. Chip Sealing can be used as an alternative solution to paving.
Chip Seal or ” Tar & Chip” Offers You:
Chip Seal, provides a beautiful rustic alternative to asphalt, with the look and feel of a country gravel road.
Very cost effective:
The initial cost of installing chip seal, can be up to substantially less than a comparable asphalt installation.
Unlike asphalt which requires seal coating every few years, chip seal, is virtually maintenance free, as there is never a need to sealcoat.
The rough, gritty, surface of tar & chip, gives great traction even in wet weather, and is an excellent choice for steep slopes.
Because of its light colored stone surface, chip seal does not absorb heat like blacktop does, and stays much cooler.
Chip Seal, goes down faster than asphalt and there is hardly any down time, because it can be driven on immediately; you do not need to wait 24 – 48 hours for it to harden.
Benefits of using Chip Seal
- It is a cost effective way of coating driveways, roads or parking lots.
- Chip Seal looks attractive and gives a view of country-road.
- Asphalt requires a lot of maintenance, but Chip Seal doesn’t require much maintenance as no re-sealing is required for it.
- Chips remain less heated and don’t absorb much heat.
- The surface of Chip Seal is even successful in weather changes. You can even get best response in wet weather.
- It requires low maintenance and there is not much time to wait for hardening of Chip Seal, like asphalt coating.
- Installing Chip Seal, can be up to 40% less than a comparable asphalt installation
- Perfect for New Roads or Resurfacing
- Seals Small Cracks and Imperfections
- Protects Underlying Pavement from Oxidation, Aging and Traffic Wear
- Chip Seal Paving provides superior traction
- Professional services given by our experts to provide the best possible Chip Seal project.
Installation of Chip Seal – Click Here to view Chip Seal Videos
i) A coating of liquid A/C (hot tar) is applied on the surface and a spray bars apply an even layer of liquid A/C is heated at a correct temperature.
ii) Clean and crushed stone is spread by using a spreader box attached to the gravel truck.
iii) Hot liquid is adhesive and stones stick to liquid asphalt.
iv) Stone is embedded into tar by the help of a roller.
v) Multiple courses are required to complete the job.
Chip Seal durability depends on usage and the way the process done. Durability of Chip Seal also depends on a number of factors, like traffic locations, climatic conditions, the number of chip seal courses and base of coating.
Our professionals can help you to make best decision for Chip Seal coating and help you to get the best paving project at an appropriate costs. We are not the cheapest, but definitely affordable. Our services are highly refined and proficient.
Call Alum Creek Paving Ohio – Ohio’s Premier Paving | Chip Seal Companies
4694 Cemetery Road. , Hilliard, OH 43026 | Phone: 614-245-5170 . Fax: 614-777-4555